For those of you that enjoy a good rice dish, we cooked a very simply and delicious recipe for richly flavoured herb and vegetable rice to go along with whatever side dish you choose – be it an aromatic curry, some freshly grilled salmon, or with a side of nutritious vegetables. You can enjoy this dish with a side of Indian raita, and we chose to wash it down with some Organic King Coconut Water!
So what’s the recipe?
Boiled rice- 1 cup
Peas- 25 grams
Cumin seeds- 1 tea spoon
Thyme -1 tea spoon
Oregano- 1 tea spoon
Fresh Basil- a handful (chopped)
White pepper powder- a tea spoon
Extra virgin coconut oil- 1 table spoon
How To Make It
1. Add a tablespoon of Organic Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to the pan and heat, adding cumin seeds. Wait till it turns golden brown and add the steamed carrot, beans and Peas to it.
2. Now add some boiled rice to the pan and stir it gently with the vegetable.
3. Sprinkle the white pepper powder and salt over it, allowing it to scintillate with flavour
4. Add the dried herbs and fresh basil to the rice, stirring and allowing the aroma to rise, before serving on a plate.
5. To really enjoy this perfect rice dice, have with a side of yogurt raitha.
6. To make a creamy and delicious raita for your side, just add chopped onion,tomato and mint leaves of same quantity and add it with the salted yogurt and enjoy!
So go forth and enjoy, fellow rice eaters, and see which geographic cuisine the wind might take you to accompany your fully flavoured, elegant and delicious herb and vegetable fried rice!
How to make a gorgeous Caramel Banana Treat with our Organic Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
What you need:
2 Whole wheat bread
1/2 Cup of Milk
4 to 5 spoons of Brown sugar
1 spoon Vanilla essence
So, we made this absolute delicious sweet treat in the kitchen, which we thought we’d share for those with a sweet tooth!
Before you get too excited and reach for your knife and fork, follow the simple steps, and be sure to use to right ingredients. And make sure you have a jar of our lovely Organic Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil ready!
- To start off, get ready to make some yummy caramel by adding 4 to 5 spoons of brown sugar with 2 table spoons of water and caramelising for 5 minutes. Then add some Vanilla essence.
- Slice the banana in two vertical halves and add it to the mixture, letting the banana slices glaze in glossy caramel.
- Don’t get too hungry just yet! Crack open the egg and beat with 1/2 cup of milk, adding 2 spoons of brown sugar.
- Add one table spoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to another pan, and then take 2 slices of whole wheat bread and dip them in the mixture, before toasting in the pan.
- Remove the toast from the pan and place on a plate. Place the caramelised bananas on the toast and gently roll it to a perfect shape.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel over the rolls.
- Get your cutlery and enjoy! Preferably with a bottle of our delicious King Coconut Water!